NKTH – A*STAR (Singapore) Joint research project
01.01. 2011 - 31.12.2014
The aim of this project is to assess some specific problems of this two-tier architecture, develop, and implement algorithms for solving these as well as to deeply investigate the performance of the developed algorithms and the network as a whole. The main tasks of the project are aligned according to the dedicated objectives, which are:
- Development of advanced radio architecture for high-rate cellular communication systems with two-tier cellular structure.
- Design and implementation of efficient and adaptive radio resource management protocol that exploits different dimensions of wireless channels to achieve optimal diversity gain.
- Strategy formulation for cognitive radio access in femto-cell network using game theoretical approach.
- Development of intelligent handover planning, decision and execution algorithms.
- Analysis and simulation of the capacity and performance of the novel two-tier system.